Monday, December 20, 2010

I am full of earth and dirt and You

So much is happening in Shelby and in my life and in my heart and everything and this is going to be another one of those stream of consciousness "and and and" posts... I can already tell.

Praise God!

I don't know if you read the season post I wrote a few days ago, but the season aftermath is pretty much doubling everyday.  If you are big into math, that is an exponential relationship (I think).  I am sure there is a formula out there somewhere.  I was never good at math.

God is so big it is incomprehensible.  I always call Him big, but I never really thought about it seriously until recently.  I realize that I have so much of the world in me that it sickening.  I also realize that God is a healer.  God is quite the large healer at that.  He is way bigger than the world.  Let's think about this literally.  Please prepare yourself for many mental pictures.  Picture a simple person like yourself.  Now picture that person eating the world (yum).  That is what we have done.  By design.  You and me.  If we were perfect and worldless that would leave Him no different than the rest of us--meaning that He would not be a God and oh, is He a God! Now that you have a disturbingly obese picture of yourself in your head, picture yourself being swarmed by a presence.  Like a wind.  More like a force.  This force is surrounding you as you turn in circles with a very confused look on your face.  All of a sudden, the force attacks you, enters you unmercifully until you can no longer stand.  And now you are not confused.  You are just dazed (yes, there is a difference...in my head...).  You then return slowly to your feet and realize that you are tens times skinnier.  But-- you are also ten times heavier.  Get it?  Me neither. (I tried)

God makes the world seem so small.  While we are inevitably a part of this wicked world, He is willingly a part of us.  While the world is still in us, it seems a small, baby, minuscule part of us, like one little blood cell of world or something.  And then God, so big and so constant, flows through every vein inside of our bodies until our hearts are bursting with Him and His hope and His promises and His love!  He engulfs us until we feel so full of Him that we are forced to act, forced to love, forced to forgive.  His force forces us.

This makes me kind of happy.  (<sarcasm)  This makes me want to scream and jump and love and hug and sing and dance and do ridiculous and embarrassing things that I would only do for my Creator!  I was reading in Malachi today and there was a verse that made me laugh with God.

"But for you who revere my name, the sun of righteousness will rise with healing in its wings. And you will go out and leap like calves released from the stall." -Malachi 4:2

What an awesome image that is!  So happy and joyful and free and liberated and carefree and released.  I want to leap and I want other calves (people) to leap with me!  From my stall of sin and evil and wickedness and pride and Satan and hate and pain and hurt... I am released!  Just saying that makes me want to jump up and down right now!  I think I shall.

Really cool song to jump up and down to--


The lyrics are wonderful and go along with this post.  Yeah, I am a nerd and like to synchronize.

I am full of earth
You are heaven’s worth
I am stained with dirt, prone to depravity
You are everything that is bright and clean
The antonym of me


LMB

No comments:

Post a Comment