Friday, December 17, 2010

And and and and and and

God did a lot of cool stuff in my life today.  Well, He does everyday, so what else is new. Actually... it's all new.  Everyday it's something different.  Ahh, I love our spontaneous relationship.

Today was really about the obvious.  You know, the obvious things that we know the Bible says and that we know that God can do like move mountains and make lame people walk and blind people see and sinners come to know His unending mercy.  I have sung so many worship songs that proclaim all of these things and so much more and I have read numerous stories and circumstances in the Bible about all of the miracles that God has performed and the ones that are still to come and I have seen with my own eyes (which no one can refute) crazy, amazing, indescribable things that God has done already... and yet.  I still doubt sometimes.  I hate doubt (Satan) and I hope I am not alone.

Forgive me for using the word "and" way too much right now.

But... that is how I feel ahora!  Like God is just telling me "I can do this and this and this and this and don't forget that and why don't you believe that I can do that too!"

Jeremiah 33 is what I read today.  A pretty hefty passage with a lot of God being God and saving Judah and Israel.  I see Judah and Israel as myself and more recently, some other people in my life (praise God).  He can and did save them.  He can and did save me.  He can and WILL save whoever else I bring to Him.  I must believe.  He has His own time, His own way, His own power.  I cannot do anything except for pray and have faith and I can't even do that enough, knowing that He does what He says He will because He is God and loves His children with a love great enough to crush any oppressor that crosses our paths.  There are lots of oppressor-encounters... God is a busy guy!

Favorite part of what I read today:

"I will bring Judah and Israel back from captivity and will rebuild them as they were before. I will cleanse them from all the sin they have committed against me and will forgive all their sins of rebellion against me."

That would be verses 7-8.  Those four words jumped out at me.  Mainly, because there is only one person who is able to do those things.  And there is only one person who is willing to do those things.  And He uses those words within a two sentence spectrum.  He can do so much!  It should be obvious!

I find myself wanting to slap myself in the head and say "Duh Lou!"  Only thing is, I am kind of weak and my head is kind of sensitive, just sayin'...

God is so good.  To use a special book to teach us things that other books cannot teach us.  No other book I own can speak.  This book speaks.  This God speaks.  And He will do.

I realize that I did not write many complete sentences tonight.  Again, I blame God for overwhelming me.  And now we are laughing together.

Laugh with Him!

LMB

No comments:

Post a Comment